Saturday 28 April 2012

Week with NARS

So I applied the foundation how I described in previous post. It gives a flawless finish without being too cakey and I love the initial application. But mid day in with no humidity or CPR I notice creasing in my foundation even after I set my foundation. NARS does not claimed that this is a long wearing foundation so I cannot fault them for it and I don't think any company expects their client to wear a full face of foundation through a 12 hr shift expecting to be be perfect at end of the day.

NARS description:
A glowing, satin-finish foundation with sheer and buildable coverage that immaculately evens skin tone. Replete with skincare benefits and the NARS Complexion Brightening Formula, it leaves skin hydrated, more luminous, softer and smoother. Used daily, Sheer Glow Foundation improves the skin's brightness and texture.
  • For normal, normal-to-dry and dry skin types
  • Hydrates for softer and smoother skin
  • Contains powerful anti-oxidants to protect against damaging free radicals and turmeric extract to improve skin's radiance and tone
  • Dermatologist tested. Non-comedogenic. Fragrance free.

Buy Here




I noticed the creasing in my laugh line but on other parts of my face I did not notice too much fading that required touch ups. Mid day the foundation is still there and gives me a fair amount of coverage giving me a nice dewy glow. I do have to blot half day which is reasonable for my job. I would probably wear this foundation for short days where I will not be doing any form of sweating. I do love the coverage of the foundation.

I would recommend this foundation if you are a 9-5 girl that sits at a office where you are not exposed to extreme heat or sunlight since this foundation is not long-wearing and there is no SPF in it. (Although I would recommend you wear SPF even if your foundation states that it has SPF). I have combination to dry skin with oily Tee zone; and I don't find that this gets too greasy.  I find that it is fairly good even when I have dry flakes given that I use my Beauty Blender to press in the foundation. I find that when I use a brush to blend in the foundation it tends to extenuate the flakes because the brush moves the flake around. But with the Beauty Blender, it just presses it down and puts the foundation on the flat part of the flake prevent it from being obvious. (Not sure if that makes sense)  On the days where my skin is uncooperative, I'll even put a light mist of MAC charge water before my foundation application.

Pros:
- even coverage
- medium to full coverage
- flawless finish
- hydrating to a certain extent depending on application technique
- great colour choices even for yellow tone Asians

Cons:
- not long lasting
- creases over a long day
- does tend to feel heavy when used with a brush like F80
- no pump
- small bearable scent

Next week, I am going to review L'Oreal True Match Foundation that I recently picked up from Walmart.

~~~~~Tee Hee

No comments:

Post a Comment