Thursday 12 April 2012

Sephora + Pantone Universe Blush Duo

This is the new collection from Sephora and Pantone Universe where they choose the colour of the year: coral. The only thing that caught my attention in this collection is the blush duo, which includes a matte coral colour and a super shimmery darker coral colour. Both colours are perfect for the spring and summer time.  It can be purchased at Sephora for $26USD. 

This set contains:
- 2 x 0.38 oz blush in:
- Coral, Pantone  (Color of the Year with gold shimmer)
- Desert Flower (light orange matte)

Sorry about the poor swatches, these pictures were taken from my iPhone 4GS, I tried my best.  Hopefully you can see the shimmer in the swatches. In comparison the the pictures above, the swatches were done in the opposite way. Both colours are super pigmented!! I find that the shimmery shade is a little powdery and you have to be careful to apply with a light hand. It is wise to do a dabbing motion when picking up the colour so you don't pick up too much product that can lead to fall out just because it is a little powdery. Also you don't want to look like a disco ball because it is quite high in shimmer content.


This is on my NC37-40 skintone. It shows up gorgeously on my skintone, but I do have to caution you that it is SUPER pigmented and that it is easier to build up the colour vs brushing the colour off afterwards. If you wear the colour coral, you could probably skip on the highlight just because it has a fair amount of sheen in it. 

I adore the package although it is probably not very wise for travelling just because it has a slide magnet closure similar to the Inglot palettes. It looks sleek and chic in the wise casing with the crystal plastic top.
This value set is $68 USD here @ Sehpora. 
This set contains:
- 0.02 oz Color of the Year Eyeliner in Tangerine Tango Twist
- 0.31 oz Color of the Year Eyeshadow Quad
- 0.35 oz Color of the Year Prisma Chrome Blush
- 0.38 oz Color of the Year Blush Duo
- 0.1 oz Color of the Year Créme Lipstick
- 0.17 oz Color of the Year Lip Gloss 


This is good bang for your bucks but I did not find enough in the set I wanted to justify the price, but if you like or will use more than 2 products in this set, you've already made your money's worth.  I am a blush addict and that is why I can justify getting another one or two or three...  LOL. I did get a chance to swatch most of these while I was at Sephora and I find that the colours are not very wearable for me on a daily basis (considering my profession... doing CPR with bright lips or clown cheeks). Even on my days off, I don't wear a lot of lip products just because my lips are already so pigmented and I find that I have a bad habit of bitting my lips so there is no sense in putting anything on it (I am trying to kick the habit =( )


This collection also includes an eyeshadow quad. It did not appeal to me in particular and I already have a fair amount of eyeshadow palettes, but if you are interested, here is a blogger that did a review and swatches. Sephora + Pantone Universe Eyeshadow Quad Review & Swatches

Review and swatches by other bloggers:
Musing of Muse (with amazing swatches)
Weekend Ramblings (pictures and swatches of the whole collection)


~~~~~ Tee Hee

1 comment:

  1. Retino AC Gelis a combination medication that helps treat skin inflammation by diminishing the creation of excessive oil in the skin that causes skin break out. This additionally slaughters skin inflammation causing microscopic organisms and prevents spots or pimples from appearing. When applied to the skin, it reduces oil production in the skin.

    ReplyDelete