Sunday 29 April 2012

Walmart Haul

Walmart is probably one of my favourite place to kill time. I can have nothing to buy and nothing to do but come out with a bunch of goodies. I find their prices to be very reasonable and much cheaper than Shopper's Drug Mart here in Canada.  Their regular price items will often be much cheaper than sale prices at Shopper's. When I walk into a drugstore, I expect cheap thrills and that is one of the biggest reasons why I frequently go to Walmart. 

I was working near a newly opened Walmart and I HAD to go check it out.  I did not need anything in particular but walked out $22 poorer which isn't all that bad since I did get some necessities as well.  I was running out of Clinique Take the Day Off makeup remover Buy Here and have read that Neutrogena's makeup remover is very comparable at a fraction of the price.  I got my Clinique makeup remover way back when during a MAC warehouse sale so I don't remember the exact price but it was for sure in $20 range at most counters.  I have been meaning to try the Neutrogena one and it happened to be on sale for $9.67CAD. =) Perfect timing huh?? I have used this product and it does do a decent job at removing my waterproof eye makeup. This remover requires you to shake vigorously before use due to it's duo phase formula. I simply put some on a cotton pad and soak my eyes for 10 seconds then gently pulled downwards to get all the stubborn waterproof mascara off. So far I like ;)

I also picked up the Wet n Wild eyeshadow trio in Silent Treatment $2.97CAD and the L'Oreal True Match Foundation $9.97CAD. Come to think of it, I got all these items on sale!! SCORE =) In previous post I stated that I had too many foundation and that I keep buying new ones without giving the ones I have a fair chance, but here I am with a new foundation again. LOL

The Wet n Wild eyeshadow trios have been on my radar for a long time, and I do own 2 of the 6 eyeshadow palettes already.  The reason that I held out for this long was because of the price, the 6 eyeshadow palette was cheaper than the trios which made no sense to me at all. Anyways they finally went on sale so I decided to pick up Silent Treatment which was the most appealing one to me.  I have been very impress with the quality of the 6 eyeshadow palette especially for the price and I am sure I will equally be impress with the trio as well. 


(Colour choice recommended by Temptalia's Foundation Matrix)
I did get a chance to dry it on my skin and this would be a good shade for those that are NC37-40 like myself. 

$3.99CAD

Reviews:
Neutrogena Makeup Remover

Wet n Wild
   Temptalia - Comfort Zone
   Temptalia - Silent Treatment

~~~~~ Tee Hee

No comments:

Post a Comment