Wednesday 4 April 2012

Tokidoki Arte Eyeshadow

The first palette I have is called SANDy in the City. Let's first talk about the packaging, it is super duper cute and the price seriously cannot be beat. I wore it today and the pigmentation is decent and they do blend together nicely. I find that all the colours in this palette work together very nicely and can be used in several different looks. The palette contains a nice satin taupe colour with a purple undertone, a white with small amounts of shine, an army green and a dark eggplant purple. It should be noted that all these colours do have a small amount of fine sparkles in it. That goes for the blush as well, the blush is the most pigmented item in this palette and colours is gorgeous even on my NC40 skin. (satin finish with a small sheen where you can even skip the highlight)










I absolute adore the colour combination, the eyeshadows are okay pigmented, slightly powdery but for the price it can't be beat. $10.90CAD(after 15% Sephora discount) Sorry for the poor lighting, but you can see that the dark eggplant colour is the most pigmented and it is a great colour to use in the outer V.
.

Here it a swatch





This is the second palette that I got from Sephora which is the Lion Pappa. $10.90CAD (with 15% off).  I have yet to use these for a look yet since I just got them 2 days ago and I've been under the weather since. Just by looking at the colours, I prefer the SANDy in the city a little more just because the undertone is purple (my favourite colour). This palette would be good for neutral looks with a pop of gold which I adore.







Palette would be great for a neutral look with a pop of gold. The palette includes a pearl white highlight, matte taupey brown, shimmery gold and a pearl dark brown (great for the crease). Quick glance at the blush, it reminds me of Organism from NARS (maybe because of the high shimmer content)


Again the most pigmented shade is the darkest shade in the palette. 

Overal these palettes is great for travel and if you are going away for the weekend or a night over at the BF's, this palette would do it all with a variety of eyeshadows for at least 3 different looks and a blush that is suitable for a wide rage of skintones.

Look at the other palettes by fellow bloggers:

Musing of a muse (quick look at the 24 Karat and Vegas palette) All at $12CAD/$10USD.

I did get these palette at my local Sephora (Fairview Mall), but I was unable to find them online. Here are the links for the other 2 palettes that are available online. 



~~~~~Tee Hee

No comments:

Post a Comment