Tuesday 8 May 2012

Week with L'Oreal True Match Foundation

I must say for a drugstore foundation it isn't bad but not holy grail material yet. I do prefer this over my NARS Sheerglow just because it is a lighter coverage and that is what I usually prefer. It help up fine during a work day but I am not sure if this foundation is causing me to break out or the fact that I have been sleep deprived from being on night shifts that is causing some little bumps on the bottle of my chin. (No it is not hormonal acne because I am not yet on my period)

It is a good match to my skin and I enjoy the light coverage. It didn't bother my combination / dry skin with application. It didn't extenuate dry patches but it also did nothing for my oily Tee zone. I also liked that it had SPF 17 which is nothing really but better than nothing when you think about it. I usually will still layer a sunscreen underneath if I am out during the day but it is suffice if I know that I will be indoors most of the time.




The bottle lacks a pump which was the same issue I had with the NARS Sheerglow but it is advised on the bottle that the foundation be shaken up before use. I will pour the foundation on my Sigma F80 and stipple it to my face before going over it with my BeautyBlender. It has a seamless coverage for the first 3 hours then I find the foundation start to break up and oil starts to build up even when I set it. The one thing that this beat NARS Sheerglow in is the fact that it did not crease in my smile line simply because it is a lightly blendable foundation to start off with. Those that have more normal skin that does not get too greasy during the day might enjoy the foundation; especially if you prefer a lightly coverage without it feeling cakey or thick. I might come back to this foundation at one point in time but for now, it will go to the back of my stash till I have done a review on all my foundations.

~~~~~Tee Hee

No comments:

Post a Comment