Friday 18 May 2012

Crown Brushes

Hey beauties, I just finished washing my Crown's brushes and thought I give you my 2 cents on these brushes. I got my off of Hautelook for $25 each and they are currently back on the site as well if you are interested after this review.  I was super excited when they arrived in my mailbox 2 days ago and it was like a kid on Christmas morning. I opened the limited edition Breast Cancer set first and was quite surprise how soft they were and I was somewhat satisfy with the product.  Then I moved onto the 12-Piece designer set and was very disappointed; the brushes felt rough in comparison to the pink set and the badger eyeshadow brushes were just utter crap (tips are suppose to be black and only half of them were black and some were white). Another thing that was common in both set was that the brow comb is super rough where I wouldn't brush my dog's hair with it because it would probably hurt them. I just don't recommend the 12-Designer Set at all. 







It is so cute that each brush has "Brush Away Cancer"
(thumbs up)

Each brush also states what it is intended to do

Both brush sets came with a cheap ass carrying case which is ok for day to day use but it is utter crap as well so I was fairly disappointed when I have heard such great review from PurseBuzz.  

I just washed the pink set and there is minimal to no shedding. The brushes do originally come with a funky smell of plastic either from the carrying case or it just smells of cheap quality brushes. I have yet to use them but I doubt they will utterly wow me. I do like the eyeshadow brushes so far, they feel super soft and is quite densely packed. 

12-Designer Set description from Hautelook
Professional grade cosmetic brushes for flawless application of face powder, shadow, blush and more.
- 12-piece designer brush set
- Size: 7.3 oz. total
- 100% animal cruelty free
- Made in USA

Set includes:
- Chisel Powder Brush
- Chisel Fluff Brush
- Angle Blush Brush
- Foundation Brush
- Brow Groomer
- Crease Brush
- Oval Shadow Brush
- Angle Liner Brush
- Flat Liner Brush
- Oval Lip Brush
- Pointed Liner Brush
- Spoolie Brush
- Carrying Case

Materials
Brushes: sable and taklon bristles, wood handles
Carrying case: PVC

hope you can see the roughness and the crapiness of the brush

Pros: 
- affordabe
- ok softness (pink set)
- great for beginners
- decent eye brushes (pink set)
- no shedding or dye colour
- comes with carrying case
- each brush does say what they are intended for
- each individually packaged in plastic

Cons:
- funky smell
- powder brush not dense enough in my opinion, only good for light application
- blush brush too small; might be good for detail contouring
- cheap quality over all =( doesn't feel sturdy
- rough ass brow comb
- cheap plastic carrying case

In my opinion they are not worth the money, I rather buy Sigma and pay for the outrageous S&H fee rather than receive crap like this.  I am looking into buying some Sedona Lace brushes because I have heard such good reviews from a variety of YouTube gurus and they are slightly cheaper than Sigma. So far I still like my Sigma and Ecotools brushes best and these are just garbage in comparison.  The pink set is barely acceptable but for the price I will put up with it and give it a try. 

~~~~~Tee Hee

1 comment:

  1. hepcdac 60 mgis an antiviral medication that forestalls hepatitis C infection from increasing in your body.Daclatasvir is used in blend with different meds to treat chronic hepatitis C in grown-ups. Daclatasvir treats explicit genotypes of hepatitis C, and just in specific individuals.Daclatasvir and sofosbuvir may likewise be utilized with another antiviral medicine.

    ReplyDelete