Thursday 17 May 2012

Korres Haul

Hey boys and girls, I have been very naughty recently and have been buying a lot of skincare and makeup when I already have so much. It was such a good deal that I just could not resist!!! There has just been so many sales going on recently that I just couldn't pass up on cause I would be so disappointed in myself. 

This is yet another Winner's haul, it is probably one of my favourite stores for random things that I don't necessarily need but will buy because it is such a good deal. Not sure if that made any sense whatsoever. I picked up these things from a Winners in Pickering off of Brock exit which is about 15 min from Toronto. They had a bunch of Korres and Smashbox makeup items that were extremely discounted. I picked up only 3 things although I wanted a lot more. I picked up 2 blushes at $5.99CAD (originally $24.00CAD) each which is probably cheaper than any decent drugstore blushes from Revlon, Maybelline and Cover Girl. I also picked up a setting powder from Korres for $6.99CAD(originally $25.00CAD). 



I do not currently own anything from the brand but was interested in it because of their skincare and makeup are formulated without parabens, sulfates, synthetic fragrances and phthalates. 

Pros:
- finely milled and doesn't feel heavy
- decent at preventing disco ball syndrome
- paraben free
- sleek packaging
- large mirror inside good for touch ups
- did not extenuate dry patches making it good for all skin types
- free from mineral oil, propylene glycol, and ethanolamine

Cons:
- sheer; more like a translucent powder
- crappy sponge provided
- this formula might be discontinued (New Formula)

Applications: 
- best done with a super fluffy and medium density powder brush








I got this shade with the intention of using it as a bronzer. It does have small amounts of shimmer in the product and with swatches it proves to have the tiniest sheen with orange undertone hence the name. I was disappointed with this product simply because it could not function as a bronzer and I was not over impress with the pigmentations. 

Pro: 
- nice packaging with mirror
- soft and finely milled

Cons:
- weird smell
- sheer as hell
- too much shimmer
- poor colour choice on my part



~~~~~ Tee Hee

No comments:

Post a Comment