Tuesday 19 June 2012

Philosophy Miraculous Anti-Aging Moisturizer

So I am currently on a hunt for a night time moisturizer and thought I give Philosophy a try. I went into Sephora and asked for a generous sample so that I could give it a try before splurging $57USD on a 2oz jar. Buy Here

Sephora description

What it is:
A rejuvenating, age-fighting hydrator that softens, firms, and brightens the complexion.

What it is formulated to do:
This luxurious cream treats signs of aging and fortifies the skin's natural moisture barrier, maximizing moisture-retention capacity for healthy, soft, smooth results. Loaded with vitamin C and glutathione, this revitalizing essential helps enhance natural collagen production, promote longevity, and imparts radiance.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Synthetic Fragrances
- Synthetic Dyes
- Petrochemicals
- Phthalates
- GMOs
- Triclosan

What else you need to know:
This easily absorbed, satiny formula is comfortable for all skin types




I have used it once so far and it does live up to its claim of being easily absorbed and I like it so far.  I decided to try Philosophy because I love their Hope in a Jar for dry/sensitive skin. There was a period 2 years ago where my skin went through a freak out period where it was extremely dry and it would not stop flaking for the life of me. I gave Hope in a Jar a try after reading many raving reviews and it did not let me down. After I finished 2 jars I decided to give other moisturizers a try that were less expensive, but I will never forget that it was once my saviour.



Kit includes $119USD Buy Here
- 2 oz Miracle Worker Anti-Aging Retinoid Solution
- 60 Miraculous Anti-Aging Retinoid Pads
- 1 oz Miraculous Anti-Aging Concentrate
- 2 oz Miraculous Anti-Aging Moisturizer



If I end up liking the moisturizer I will mostly pick up the kit because its better bang for my bucks.


Pros

  • fast absorption without sticky feel 
  • not greasy
  • formulated without a lot of chemicals
  • did not break me out

Cons

  • unsanitary packaging
  • odd little smell that I can accept
  • not moisturizing enough & I woke up with small flakes if I don't top it off with my night jelly 
  • expensive
  • did not see dramatic change to my skin
Will NOT repurchase just because it did nothing for my skin & it is way over priced


~~~~~Tee Hee




No comments:

Post a Comment