Tuesday 8 April 2014

Essence Beauty Haul 2014

I recently went to Shopper's Drug Mart, and I couldn't resist to pick up a couple of Essence beauty products since they are so inexpensive. This is like a small gift for myself =D

Here is what I got: 

Essence Silky Touch Blush  $2.99 (Life's a Cherry)
Essence Eyeshadow $1.99 in Get ready, cappuccino, please! peach beach, Sandy says hello
Essence Metal Glam Highlighter Powder $3.99



Forward for mini review and swatches --->
Essence can only be found at Shopper's Drug Mart in Canada as far as I'm aware. It is a super inexpensive brand with some hit and miss products. It is a company that began in 2002 in Germany and now it is sold internationally. Essence does not test on animals which is always a must in my opinion.

This is the Life's a Cherry blush, which I featured in my current favourites. This blush is very pigmented and it is a gorgeous colour for the summer time. I have been wearing it a lot lately since it is simple and it goes with any look.





(lovely bright coral colour)

(Essence Metal Glam Highlighter powder) 


This is a chalky highlighter that gives a nice glow but not the greatest highlighter powder out there. If you want to try to brand I would probably skip this and try their eyeshadow and blush instead. It does have a nice sheen that is nice for everyday. It can be a beater blush for the running errand days. 

(essence eyeliner pen)

Essence eyeliner pen is the WORST product I have tried from the brand. It is a felt tip eyeliner which I usually love and it is great for beginners. But this is a terrible eyeliner. I have thrown it away after one try. It swatched very pigmented and dark on my hand and that is the reason why I decided to try this. It tugged on my eyelid with little pigmentation and it was very dark. Took several tries to get the pigmentation I would like then my eyelids were hurting from the dragging. PASS!

I do like their liquid eyeliner waterproof. It has a felt tip application and a matte finish and it will stay on for a whole 12 hour shift. 


3D duo eyeshadow


Great everyday eyeshadow. You can just use this eyeshadow and you are good to go. Both are shimmery colours. Light champagne colour and a medium brown colour for the crease.  Very simple neutral colours. <3






(Get ready, cappuccino, please! peach beach, Sandy says hello) 



(Get ready - shimmer effect,
 cappuccino, please! - shimmer effect, 
peach beach - holographic effect,
 Sandy says hello- metallic effect) 

I really like their single eyeshadows, I picked up some neutral shades because these are the shades I tend to go for but they also have a variety of colourful shades as well. They have 15 shades on the website. The great thing about these eyeshadows is that they have different finishes like the MAC eyeshadows. Unfortunately the swatches doesn't do it justice. You can see that the peach beach & sandy sys hello has more of a sheen and you can really see the holographic & metallic effect if you use them wet. These eyeshadows are pigmented but they are best used wet and you can really get the effect and shine. For the price they can't be beat either. 

(Get ready, cappuccino, please! peach beach, Sandy says hello & Irresistible caramel cream) 

Let me know if you own these shades and how you use them and what other colours I should try. 

~~~~~Tee Hee

No comments:

Post a Comment