Monday 7 April 2014

Current Favourites April 2014




My current favourites:
1. Essence Beauty Silky Touch Blush in Life's a Cherry $2.99
2. TheFaceShop Design My Eyebrow in Gray Brown $3.99
3. TheFaceShop Face it Extreme Brush Pen Eyeliner $13.99
4. NYC Smooth Skin Bronzer in Sunny $2.99
5. Milani Statement Lipstick in Sangria $6.99
6. Wet n Wild Matte Lipstick in Sugar Plum Fairy $1.99

Forward to see review & swatches --->


(Wet n Wild Sugar Plum Fairy & Milani Sangria)


(Milani Sangria, Wet n Wild Sugar Plum Fairy & Sunny Bronzer)

I know spring is coming and these lipsticks are fall/winter colours. But it is slightly chilly here in T.O. still so I have been rocking these lipsticks. They are very similar in colour, Sugar Plum Fairy is a little pinker tone and Sangria is more purple tone. I love them both in terms of formula and colour. Wet and Wild is a matte tone and can emphasize dry patches so it is crucial to have a good lip balm base. Milani Sangria and all their Statement lipsticks are moisturizing and I love the formulation. 



(Essence Life's a Cherry Blush)

Blush can be slightly chalky but for $2.99CAD you can't complain. Blush is super pigmented and it is a bright blush colour that is perfect for spring. It gives a gorgeous glow to my cheeks like I have just run a lap and is glowing from within. I got this at Shopper's Drug Mart


Everyone and their mom & dog loves this bronzer. This is a cult favourite for most people. Matte light brown colour that is great for most skin tone except those that are dark. It goes on smoothly and I use it for contouring of my cheeks, forehead and jaw area. This is a shade that is impossible to mess up and in my opinion you can not over do it. The shade is perfect where no matter how much you apply, you will still look gorgeous. 



This is an interestedly shaded eyebrow pencil that I have grown to love, it is a perfect shade for my black eyebrows (I have natural light black hair). The pencil is shaped to allow for easy applications that mimic brow hair. It is just pigmented enough to fill in sparse brows but not too pigmented that gives you angry brows. What I love the most is that it has a spoolie on the other end so you can blend our your brows to make them even more natural. For the price, it cannot be beat. It is not too soft where it gets used up so quickly like the Anastasia Brow Whiz. I love the Anastasia Brow Whiz as well but cannot justify buying a new one once a month. 



This is my holy grail liquid eyeliner. It is pricey to be considered a drugstore favourite but not pricey enough to be high end. But I am willing to drop the $13.99 for this eyeliner. I have had it for over a month now, it has not dried out and I have been using it everyday. This is similar to the Physician's Formula Liquid Eyeliner but it does not dry out as quickly and they are both comparable in price and application. TheFaceShop eyeliner has a brush tip application exactly the same as the Physician's Formula. It is flexible enough for easy application and won't tug on your delicate eyelids. This eyeliner can do no wrong, and it is my go to for fast easy application. I don't think I will try any other eyeliner unless it is drugstore priced (<$10). 

Hope you enjoy this small favourite, comment if you want in depth review or more favourites =)

~~~~~Tee Hee

No comments:

Post a Comment